Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Intro: Dayna, the Hot Mess Mom of 5

How did this picture of me get on the internet? Seriously... this is pretty much me. I am the proud wearer of the same shirt every day and a good, tall, and BIG struggle bun. But enough about me... let's talk about the crazies kids.
Big Man is 10 years old, going into 5th grade, and is high-functioning ASD (PDD-NOS to be exact, but we'll dive more into that later). AM is 7, going into 2nd grade, and is a girly girly girl. I often say I'm not a "girl mom", I'm a boy mom that happens to be given girls.Mr. T is 6, going into 1st grade, and has middle child syndrome like something fierce.And then we have the M&Ms (3 & 1.5). They're just along for the ride, but like to make their needs known by lots of screaming. 
I NEVER wanted to homeschool. I was an avid "nope, not gonna happen here". I'm not a good teacher. I'm super lazy. And I did awful in school. In my head, all these things made for a terrible homeschool mom. And then we were faced with the decision of 1) do the online school crap again (DEAR LADIES, NO!!!), 2) send our children to a school during a pandemic with no end in sight (no, thank you), or 3) homeschool (DUN, DUN, DUNNNNN). And so, because the other two options suck, I'm going to homeschool these heathens. My first question to Beckie was "Is there some super easy, super lazy way to do this or what?"
So here I am. I'm lazy, kind of inappropriate, little bit of a potty-mouth with a bad temper, full of anxiety, and I'm no writer.... but damn, I love my kids and we're going to figure out this homeschool thing together. It may be a hot mess, but the least I can do is put it on the internet for the world to enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment